Remington 700 Rifle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2 year old sps tactical in .223, and am having some serious failure to fire issues. after about 15-20 rounds i get on average about 50% failure to fire rate. i used different ammo brands and even went as far stripping the bolt and polishing the firing pin assembly. and same stuff happens. Remington has no answers and neither do I. please help y'all

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No I haven't, but if it was that why would it start to happen after about 15-20 shots? If it was headspace wouldn't it happen right off the bat? Also this didn't start happening until after about the 100 round mark. Whatever it is it's killing me, I love this rifle , love/hate for sure

·
Super Moderator
470 Posts
Can you post a picture of a fired and FTF case showing the primers? Also, what ammo are you using?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I could do that as soon as I get home. I was using winchester, fioochi,federal, some reloads,pmc I was all over the place trying to figure out what she liked. And they all did the same thing .

·
Super Moderator
470 Posts
It does appear you are having light primer strikes. To me, the most likely cause is the firing pin is dragging when the bolt heats up after firing a few rounds. Since you have already polished the firing pin the next step will be to check the diameter and finish of the firing pin hole. I think a gunsmith might be able to help here.

I am afraid Remington isn’t going to be much help. With the bankruptcy, RemArms took over the Remington Firearms Co. and based on a response from a month or so ago they will not honor warranties issued by Remington Outdoor Company, the previous owner.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts