Remington 700 Rifle Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A little about me.. I'm a 23 year old Sergeant serving in the U.S Army and I'm a TANKER! Don't hate..

Moving on so I've been shooting for about a year now with my AR-15 and Glock and recently desided I would like a nice bolt gun so I went out and bought the 700 tact 308.. Current set up.. I bought a Nikon Buck Master 4.5x14.40mm. Today I ordered a Bill & Carlson Tactical Hook stock.. I haven't owned this thing a week and I've already shot about 500 rounds threw this bad boy. My question is about my current Optic.. I know it's not a leupold but it seems to work fine for me. Does anyone have any first hand knowledge about these optics (I don't hunt) but didn't want to spend the money for something along the same lines in a "Tactical" scope.. I'm wondering should I just ditch the optic or I should be good sending rounds around 600 yards with my current? My damn dog ate my camera and this iPod touch doesn't do my weapons any justice.. Sorry about the below par pic..

Attachments

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
ZackOwns said:
A little about me.. I'm a 23 year old Sergeant serving in the U.S Army and I'm a TANKER! Don't hate..

Moving on so I've been shooting for about a year now with my AR-15 and Glock and recently desided I would like a nice bolt gun so I went out and bought the 700 tact 308.. Current set up.. I bought a Nikon Buck Master 4.5x14.40mm. Today I ordered a Bill & Carlson Tactical Hook stock.. I haven't owned this thing a week and I've already shot about 500 rounds threw this bad boy. My question is about my current Optic.. I know it's not a leupold but it seems to work fine for me. Does anyone have any first hand knowledge about these optics (I don't hunt) but didn't want to spend the money for something along the same lines in a "Tactical" scope.. I'm wondering should I just ditch the optic or I should be good sending rounds around 600 yards with my current? My damn dog ate my camera and this iPod touch doesn't do my weapons any justice.. Sorry about the below par pic..
hahahahahaha that sucks!

but the rifles look nice two thumbs up!

·
Registered
105 Posts
if yo don't me asking what did you give for the Tact. 308 ?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
For just the rifle itself I got out the door @ 599.18 but with the stock, scope, rings, harris bipod and shit im back about 1350 ish.

·
Registered
105 Posts
just curious...thanks...

·
Registered
44 Posts
Get yourself some butler creek scope covers. Much easier to use than your current setup. Welcome to the board.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
JasonBourn: I have a female Red Nose Gotti Pit..

ThugHunter: I already ordered them :D

I'm selling the Nikon and thinking about getting the Falcon Menace, any thoughts on those?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Not sure about your optics...but I know your gonna dig that B&C A3. I just got some shootin in with mine for the first time today and shes a real tac driver now.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
jasonbourne said:
Zack, welcome to the group! Nice boom stick :)

What type of dog?

"What kind of dog?" hahahahaha I like that question :lol:

I had two pitts before....... people talk about this type of dog like its a beast but its all how you train it. I know have 4 German Shepherd and they seem harder to train than the pitts.

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
Zack, now I understand I lost a nokia to my blue nose razors edge/grey fox when he was 6 months old lol

Very nice blood line and check out the konus m30 I swear by it. I posted a review on here

Winxp, I am a doggie advocate and help with a rescue :) - I am also part of the Mcabsl which is a group trying to over turn the ban on pits.

My blue nose (Sgt. Diesel) is a little over 2 years old I had him since he was 1 day old (my brother owns a kennel) and he is now a certified service dog helping me on a daily basis with medical alerts, he is also currently being trained to take his exams for search and rescue.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
My B & C stock came in this weekend and I was able to mount it.. let me just say wow!!! What a improvement from that Houge stock!! Now if my Vortex Viper PST will come in i'll be set!!!!! Picks to come soon!

As to the dog, shes AMAZING I wouldn't own another breed they are really looked down upon because of the news and what not but as long as they are treated right they are amazing. Mines 65 pounds and loves to play horsey with my girls can't get much better.. ah and if I'm slow to grab my Glock 23 one night shes serves as a first responder most people see her and go the other way.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Robber breaks in, is confronted by a pit with antlers, falls over laughing and is held at gunpoint by home owner, laughing madly until the police get there and take him away :lol:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

Just a update on my current set up :)

I painted the r700..

Ordered a USO for it..

Figured I wanted the USO on a diff weapon

Bought a Savage 10 BAS :D

I got a Millet TRS-2 fixed 10X coming in this week for the r700..

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
I've always loved savages, great shooters but customizing is a pain in the neck. The model you bought has all the mods a person can want,, nice rifle!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks, it is a hell of a rifle.. Only downside to it is it's extremely heavy!! But other than that I have no complaints about it at all. I've only shot it at 100 yards so far and every round is on top of each other... Anyways range reports to follow once I get her out out around 500+

1 - 18 of 18 Posts