Remington 700 Rifle Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to the precision rifle game. been reading quite a bit and seem to be leaning toward the 20 ", but which one? Or should I go with the 700P 26"? When you take cost into account the two 20" guns are almost the same. Is the fluting better or bull barrel? Twist rate sounds like it could go either way.
Thanks for the help sorry if this has been asked before.

·
Registered
80 Posts
it really depends on the intented purpose of the rifle. Is it going to be a hunting rifle? Target rifle? both? Long or closer ranged shots? What caliber are you thinking of using? Post up your intentions of the rifle and I'm sure you will have plenty of responses. This is a good forum with a good bunch of people. Ask and you shall receive.

EDIT: Oh and welcome to the forum. Save lots of money, as this just the beginning of your remington journey. Have fun and good luck

·
Registered
105 Posts
Check out the classified on here too

And welcome new to site and ditto on bunch of great info here.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looking at the 308. Not planning on hunting, more target and tactical operations. Mostly 100-300 yds.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I finally made the decision to go with the 700 SPS AAC-Sd 308, should be here next week. Now have to start deciding the base , mounts and glass. Lots of information here that helped me make my decision. Enjoyed reading many of the posts. Thanks for the info.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts