Remington 700 Rifle Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My brother is trying to buy his first bolt action rifle after i took him out to the range with mine and he really can't decide between the varmit or tactical, anybody know the pros and cons of both? any help would be great because i really don't now enough to point him in the right direction.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Well what does he want to do with it ? Lon range ? Short range ? They are both the same rifle with different stocks and barrel length.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thats the problem is he wants to do both, he has already figured he will get an HS stock and probably a Jewel trigger. he wants to do out to 1000yds as well as 100yd precision shooting.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Well if he wants to shoot 1000 with no problems then the 24 or 26 cant remember what the varmint comes with will be perfect. Unless he reloads. If he reloads then it can be done with a sps tac also. Also a plus to the tac is the length of the barrel makes it easier to take around versus the longer barrels.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
we're actually going in on a reloading setup together and i think after the research i've done today he will probably go for the tac, i don't think he will mind the longer barrel of a varmint if he does go with it..after all his auto-loader shotty has a 30" barrel haha

1 - 6 of 6 Posts