Remington 700 Rifle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got it in Teusday and put it on. Kind of heavy at 12lbs but really feels good!!!

·
Registered
795 Posts
I like that! What kind of stock is that? Looks like you went with the detachable magazine too!

Did you glass bed it to the stock?

I say the heavier the better! Mine is almost 12lbs. I have the standard stock still, but I think a stock upgrade will add a pound or two.

How about some specs? Then the final thing we are going to need is a range report! ;)

Ahhh, poor Elmo. :(

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is a Accuracy International Chassis System 1.5 with a built in mag system. AI says no need for bedding per the design. It is a plug in and play system!!! I took apart my SPS Tact .308 for this stock. I have a McMillan A5 on order and will see which one feels better.
I hope to get out to the range soon.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Looks nice but the 20" barrel makes it look kinda stout (if I can use that word). But if it works. I would be interested to see how the A-5 looks with the 20" Barrel.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Bogey, what's the price on that AI stock and where did you get it from? I like the idea of "plug and play"; and that would be nice to have a couple of stocks... depending upon which stock I want to shoot on which day! :D

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The 1.5 is 799.99 and the 2.0 is 999.99 which has a folding stock. Try not to get sticker shock. I was adding up a McMillan A5 and a Badger DMS and it cam to around 900.00 to 1000.00. So I went with this set up and ordered a McMillan as well to compare. There is a couple of guys on Snipers Hide that have or can get a rush order.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Ouch... sticker shock is right! :/

But I guess it's like anything, you get what you pay for. I'm sure they are worth it.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hey Bogey, I know this is an old post but was after some more info on your setup. What bases, rings and scope do you have on your rifle in that photo? How's the height of the scope? I've read you have to mount the scope high on the AICS because of the high cheek piece. Love the look of the setup. Most important, how does it shoot compared to the houge?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts