Remington 700 Rifle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Super Moderator
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Based on a news article dated 3/4/2021 the plant did not reopen on 3/1. I have not been able to find any followup stories.

Based on information related to a warranty question submitted to RemArms and posted elsewhere they do not intend to honor any warranty previously issued by Remington Outdoor on products produced by that entity.

·
Super Moderator
1,349 Posts
It will be interesting to see what happens to prices and inventory as more and more people get vaccinated and some normality starts to return. I am seriously considering a MAJOR reduction in my stable of firearms.

Bob

·
Registered
391 Posts
Me too Bob ,Norinco SKS for $775.is crazy we paid $95 for them Mosin Nagant that I bought are now $450-500 gonna sell all of them

·
Super Moderator
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, it looks like Roundhill didn’t clarify at least one major item in purchasing the Remington plant. Since the workers were represented by the UMW union, Roundhill apparently did not verify that the Union contract didn’t come with the plant. Italia stated that if the union contract is part of the liabilities they assumed, they would not be able to reopen in Ilion.

This was the case in late February, but probably explains why the rehired workers were told not to report on March 1.

·
Registered
391 Posts
If it reopens in NY or anywhere it’ll be a miracle in this political climate we are right now.
Sorry guys that’s the way it’s going to be.

·
Super Moderator
1,349 Posts
I am afraid you might be right. Fortunately much of the Remington Line will not be effected by the proposed bands.

Bob

·
Registered
2 Posts
Based on a news article dated 3/4/2021 the plant did not reopen on 3/1. I have not been able to find any followup stories.

Based on information related to a warranty question submitted to RemArms and posted elsewhere they do not intend to honor any warranty previously issued by Remington Outdoor on products produced by that entity.
I believe Federal bought Remington (based on Federals news letter). might talk to their customer service dept.

·
Super Moderator
1,349 Posts
Welcome to the Forum from New York.

I think that Federal is only involved in the Remington Ammo Business.

Bob

·
Registered
2 Posts
Welcome to the Forum from New York.

I think that Federal is only involved in the Remington Ammo Business.

Bob
Took awhile to sort the companies that bought pieces of Remington after the Bankruptcy but Bob you were right, Vista Outdoors got the ammunition and reloading plant.
  • Franklin Armory Holdings Inc. got Bushmaster brand
  • JJE Capital Holdings LLC got DPMS, H&R, Stormlake, AAC and Parker brands
  • Roundhill Group LLC bought all Remington firearms that are non-Marlin
  • Sierra Bullets LLC bought Barnes ammunitions
  • Sportsman’s Warehouse Inc. got Tapco brands
  • Sturm, Ruger, & Co. bought Marlin firearms
  • Vista Outdoor Inc. bought the Lonoke based ammunitions business and other IP assets. These guys also own Bushnell, RCBS, Hoppes #9, Federal, CCI, Speer, Blazer, M-Pro 7 and lots of other brands associated with the firearms industry.

·
Super Moderator
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I’m not a lawyer so this is only an opinion, but reading the sale documents it appears Roundhill only purchased the physical assets of Ilion plant and the intellectual property associated with products produced there. It appears the only commitment on employees was to offer 200 union employees employment with benefits equal to their union benefits under the new owner’s compensation and benefit plan.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I've been a Remington owner over 50 years, sadly I believe we will never see a new 700 made at Ilion, I believe they will eventually go the route of Winchester.

·
Super Moderator
1,349 Posts
I have been a Remington Dealer and Owner since 1970. Sad to see them go, but hope that someone produces the 700 Action. Even if they start making them on CNC machines in Japan, they might even be better. Will just have to wait and see.

Does anyone know the status of Dakota Arms?

Bob

·
Super Moderator
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Bob,

I was hoping you knew the status of DA.

·
Super Moderator
1,349 Posts
I will call my contact on Monday and see what I can find out. They still are recording messages off the Dakota phone number.

Bob

·
Super Moderator
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Looks like Remarms has an understanding with the UMW, but no contract.

·
Super Moderator
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Just asking butt what do mine workers have to do with anything about Remington Arms?
They were the union that represents the Ilion workers. You get some weird combinations at times.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts