Remington 700 Rifle Forums banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,348 Posts
Not uncommon to have a union that has no connection to a particular industry, represent a number of common workers. A local union usually has the infrastructure in place to manage an organized group. I have seen the Teamsters do this across a variety of very diverse industries.

Though I hope this works, I have my serious doubts.

Since I have gone the custom route for all my newer rifles I am only really concerned about parts availability for those I have and for the Remington Shotguns I own.

Bob

·
Super Moderator
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
The Teamsters have their hands in just about everything. Like you, I have serious doubts about this going forward. I went back and checked the sale agreements, RemArms assumed no existing contracts. They will have to negotiate new contracts with all their suppliers and distributors. Best case they won’t be producing anything for at least six months.

·
Super Moderator
1,348 Posts
There might be an opportunity for a parts manufacturer to buy OEM rights to some parts as there are tens of thousands of Remington 700s, 1100st and 870s out there in addition to so many other models. Keeping them in parts could be a lucrative business for a small manufacturer or as an add on to a larger one.

Bob

·
Super Moderator
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Check out PTG’s site. There is an announcement concerning PTG doing Remington Custom Shop Actions.

·
Super Moderator
1,348 Posts
If they do start making firearms again, it will be interesting to see what they will start with. In this environment, I think the 870 and 700 would be a safe starting point, then maybe followed by the 1100.

·
Super Moderator
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Their stated plan was to start with the 870.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts