Remington 700 Rifle Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know theres a million of these posts but I've narrowed down my stock options. I just can't decide between the HS PST012 and the B&C Light Tactical...These both have great reviews and look awesome but does anyone have experience with both? If not what's your input on either of em'?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
403 Posts
StraightShoota said:
I know theres a million of these posts but I've narrowed down my stock options. I just can't decide between the HS PST012 and the B&C Light Tactical...These both have great reviews and look awesome but does anyone have experience with both? If not what's your input on either of em'?
I dont have experience with the Bell & Carlson, but I do have the HS Precision PST012 on my SPS Tactical .308 and it has been nothing short of awesome for me. It was a huge step up in quality and precision needed to take full advantage of the accuracy capable of this weapon. It all depends on what your looking for in a stock as far as for hunting or benchrest target shooting.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
409 Posts
Hogue. For sure. I'll sell you mine when I get the PST012.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
PALADIN said:
Hogue. For sure. I'll sell you mine when I get the PST012.
Hahaha I'll pass on the hogue thats why I'm upgradin'. But ya 308isgreat I'm lookin for a good everything kinda stock that's still not too heavy for hunting and excellent on bench rest as well. And I've heard nothing but good things about the PST012, especially the palm swell in the grip.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,799 Posts
For me personally the palm swell is the best thing that came with the stock. I don't know were I would be without it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
StraightShoota said:
I know theres a million of these posts but I've narrowed down my stock options. I just can't decide between the HS PST012 and the B&C Light Tactical...These both have great reviews and look awesome but does anyone have experience with both? If not what's your input on either of em'?
i like that light tac from B&C how much did thay want for it
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
403 Posts
StraightShoota said:
PALADIN said:
Hogue. For sure. I'll sell you mine when I get the PST012.
Hahaha I'll pass on the hogue thats why I'm upgradin'. But ya 308isgreat I'm lookin for a good everything kinda stock that's still not too heavy for hunting and excellent on bench rest as well. And I've heard nothing but good things about the PST012, especially the palm swell in the grip.
Well to further answer your questions the HS Precision stock is really light, but strong because of its Kevlar, carbon fiber construction over a full length aluminum bedding block. The palm swell is a good feature provided you dont have small hands. Other then that I think it would be an excellent choice concidering the dual purpose you will be using your rifle for. Thats why I have one because I use mine for the purposes you intend to use yours for. BTW I think I sold my Hogue for $60 so there is some value in the Hogue and I hope you can find a buyer.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
308isgreat said:
Well to further answer your questions the HS Precision stock is really light, but strong because of its Kevlar, carbon fiber construction over a full length aluminum bedding block. The palm swell is a good feature provided you dont have small hands. Other then that I think it would be an excellent choice concidering the dual purpose you will be using your rifle for. Thats why I have one because I use mine for the purposes you intend to use yours for. BTW I think I sold my Hogue for $60 so there is some value in the Hogue and I hope you can find a buyer.
I think you guys have me sold on one now lol! Thanks for the help.

RAMATHORN said:
i like that light tac from B&C how much did thay want for it
RAMATHORN as for the light tac they have it availible on sale right now in black over at Midway...heres the link:
http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/?productNumber=486263
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
409 Posts
Ah, crap... now I'm confused. That B&C doesn't look too bad and the price is good. Does it not have the palm swell like the HS? They're made out of the same materials right? Straightshoota... $59 and my Hogue is yours. You can never go wrong with TWO Hogue stocks. A backup is always handy.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
409 Posts
And on that note... 308isgreat, how/where did you sell your Hogue? Gunbroker?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
403 Posts
PALADIN said:
And on that note... 308isgreat, how/where did you sell your Hogue? Gunbroker?
I posted it up here and one of our members bought it. He used it to put on one of his 700 hunting rifles with a smaller barrel diameter and he was happy as a clam with it. If you check on new price for a Hogue its about $110.00 on Midway so you should at least get $50.00 if you can find a buyer.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
PALADIN said:
Ah, crap... now I'm confused. That B&C doesn't look too bad and the price is good. Does it not have the palm swell like the HS? They're made out of the same materials right? Straightshoota... $59 and my Hogue is yours. You can never go wrong with TWO Hogue stocks. A backup is always handy.
Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I believe the B&C is made of something like graphite and fiberglass where as the HS is made of Kevlar and carbon fiber, so thats probably my best guess on the material difference. I did like how the B&C felt on the remington XCR long range but as for palm swell I'm not sure if it stacks up to the HS, I've never handled one.

And PALADIN, at $59 for the hogue you drive a hard bargain...but I'm gonna have to say I'll pass lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,799 Posts
I sold mine on snipershide fer 55 shipped. The guy that bought mine did the same thing that the guy that bought 308isgreat's stock.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
409 Posts
Fine, straightshoota... $58. You drive a hard sale. In all honesty, if anyone is interested, I'll do $50. I'll post it on a seperate topic. It is a great hunting stock.
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top