Remington 700 Rifle Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
This is worse than what the tactical comes with. This is just a plastic SPS stock. The SPS Tac comes with a good quality Hogue stock that is worth twice as much and is twice and comfortable.

·
Registered
96 Posts
The Sps varmint stocks are shit, if your looking for a good stock cheap just go to midway.com and get a $90 Hogue It's worth it, both in comfort and fit.

·
Registered
477 Posts
choate makes some good stuff as well. aluminum bedded and some have pistol grips.

i had a green one designed by john plaster that i put on a remington 700 LA .308 rifle i built. it was about $200 shipped to my door. great stock. too clumsy to carry hunting but great for target shooting. it really helped cut down on recoil

·
Registered
62 Posts
the stock your looking at on ebay is a factory stock from an SPS Varmint rifle. the day i ordered my SPS Varmint i ordered a B&C A2 stock the same day. i was originally looking for the B&C M40 model. i knew the first thing to do was replace the stock. i did this before even getting glass. if you don't have the funds to get a B&C stock which will run around $200 i say you start sanding the inner channel of the Hogue stock till you can free float the barrel some. shoot it til you can afford a decent stock. i wish i would have waited and saved more money and got a higher end stock but am still very happy with the B&C. thats what i would do. good luck.

·
Registered
1 Posts
okie0168 said:
Comfort isnt my problem I just don't want the foreend to rub on the barrel.

i dremeled my barrel channel out so it didnt touch. if you are finding too much flex you can bed an arrow shaft in there to stiffen things up. i find the houge stock very comfortable just a little flimsy

1 - 10 of 10 Posts