Remington 700 Rifle Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
www.stormtactical.com

I've always kept a dope book. I used a normal school note book and would document everything I could. Everything was hand written, I filled it with pictures and graphs to help me make 1st round hits. It worked pretty well for me, I feel I did a good job recording data.

Then I discovered Storm Tactical and checked out their data book system. I was impressed, I picked the modular book. The shooter can configure it how he wants using different pages. You can set up a book per rifle and really record some accurate data. The books have dedicated cards like "Cold Bore", "LR stationary target" , "Moving target" and others. It makes it very quick and easy to record very specific data that will aid you if you ever encounter that scenario again.

The book has helped how I organize the data as well, its fast and very easy to get to. With my note book my notes were scattered and I was always saying "hold on let me find it" while I flipped through page after page. You can move pages around so it works with YOUR logical order.

The books really help, once you have data from previous engagements you can always check your book and use the information to make that 1k yard 1st round hit!

I forgot to mention it has a write in the rain pages! Not that its a huge issue here in the desert but I spill stuff pretty often so its an advantage for me! lol

Check out his site, he has different version to cater to whatever the shooter prefers.

Here is my old note book with its fair share of coffee stains:

My Storm Tactical data book:

www.stormtactical.com

·
Registered
74 Posts
JFComfort said:
www.stormtactical.com

I've always kept a dope book. I used a normal school note book and would document everything I could. Everything was hand written, I filled it with pictures and graphs to help me make 1st round hits. It worked pretty well for me, I feel I did a good job recording data.

Then I discovered Storm Tactical and checked out their data book system. I was impressed, I picked the modular book. The shooter can configure it how he wants using different pages. You can set up a book per rifle and really record some accurate data. The books have dedicated cards like "Cold Bore", "LR stationary target" , "Moving target" and others. It makes it very quick and easy to record very specific data that will aid you if you ever encounter that scenario again.

The book has helped how I organize the data as well, its fast and very easy to get to. With my note book my notes were scattered and I was always saying "hold on let me find it" while I flipped through page after page. You can move pages around so it works with YOUR logical order.

The books really help, once you have data from previous engagements you can always check your book and use the information to make that 1k yard 1st round hit!

I forgot to mention it has a write in the rain pages! Not that its a huge issue here in the desert but I spill stuff pretty often so its an advantage for me! lol

Check out his site, he has different version to cater to whatever the shooter prefers.

Here is my old note book with its fair share of coffee stains:

My Storm Tactical data book:

www.stormtactical.com

I just got mine as well, I still have not started transferring my data from my little red notebook yet, I ended up getting three so I can separate the fifty data, .270 data, and the 6.5. I think it will keep things less cluttered for me so I am not confusing my simple mind! They are a very nice addition to the range bag and Mark is a good guy to deal with...and very generous to the shooting community providing prize table goodies for matches and what not!!!

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
I like that Storm Tactical data book might have to get one I always confuse my crap or lose the paper that I write the info on. I can put it in my iPhone but when you have gloves on because its cold kinda hard to take notes on it..............

·
Registered
225 Posts
I've been using Mark's books (Storm Tactical) for 3 years and they haven't let me down.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts