Remington 700 Rifle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Guys!

First I want to apologize for my english, I hope it is not toooo hard for you, I´ll try my best.

I´m a proud remington 700 owner since last week, therefore it´s great to have a Forum to talk to others which have this gun. In Austria, where I´m from, everybody (the People who have guns, which are not so much as in US) has a Glock, Steyr or Blaser.

So, since last week I have my new SPS Varmint in .308. I want to change some things and shoot it on the range.
The only preowner bought it in March 2016 from a dealer as a brandnew weapon, it has about 50 shots fired, like he says and it also looks really new.

When I inspected it, i saw two things I´m wondering about.

First, the Serial Number is RR 74x01C. Since when is the Prefix RR used and what does the C at the end of the number mean?

Second: The Age stamp on the right side of the Barrel is not with 2 letters, there are more... Can anybody explain me why and what the "b" or "h" in the circle or whatever it is does mean?

Thank you!

Here is the pic:

http://www.700rifle.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=2281&d=1478003801&thumb=1&stc=1

Attachments

·
Registered
225 Posts
I imagine that one of the stamps would be the Austrian Proof house mark.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
the upper right one i haven`t seen on another gun jet. and thats the one i wanted to know and the reason for the letters on bottom right side.

Could it be the mark for the completed Trigger recall?
The preowner did´t know anything about it, so maybe it was allready done before delivery...

rem700rot.jpg

·
Registered
196 Posts
I am going to agree, most likely been sent back for repair. Most common return, Trigger.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts