Remington 700 Rifle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have my 700P coming in next week and I am already thinking of what to do next. Im doing either a A4 stock or a AAC supressor, what would you do first?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,389 Posts
+1 on the can. While your waiting for the paperwork to clear you can save up enough to buy the stock either by or before the time you get The can.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
27 Posts
I am in the hunt now for a suppressor for my new build. My smith has some he recommends, the guy at the range has some that he recommends, it seems like everyone has their favorite. I would be curious to hear about AAC too. The common theme is get a type that threads on to the barrell not the sure fire that has a quick attach break for any precision rifle. Just what I have been finding out. Good luck and keep me posted on AAC.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
36 Posts
Interesting ... I am also researching and looking for a decent noise suppressor and AAC came up first because it was recommended on the Remington website.

Actually, I also have a question about noise suppressors:
Some technical experts believe that by redirecting the exhaust gases to the side, the bullet is stabilized just before it exits the muzzle; thus providing a good start for a more predictable trajectory. How true is this? Do you know of counter-arguments against this belief? Of course, there is also the added benefit of reducing muzzle rise.
Any thots?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
600 Posts
You over pay for the name with an AAC or Surefire. Check out Elite Iron. Very reasonably priced, options for high end materials like titanium. Bring it over to Matt Babb at Long Mountain Outfitters, he can fill you in on the details that make them a stand out better than I can.





I wouldn't worry about either item until you are extremely consistent behind the rifle in a myriad of conditions and ranges. If a McMillan A4 will help you do that, than go with the stock. Otherwise you are better off spending that money on ammo and your time on shooting.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
477 Posts
JFComfort said:
I wouldn't worry about either item until you are extremely consistent behind the rifle in a myriad of conditions and ranges. If a McMillan A4 will help you do that, than go with the stock. Otherwise you are better off spending that money on ammo and your time on shooting.
i agree with that, but i also think having a suppressor could help you get more comfortable behind the rifle. anticipating less recoil and less noise could help you keep from flinching right before the shot. not that .308 recoil is that bad.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
308 is not that bad for recoil, Im a lil guy, 6ft, 240ish so I take up alot of the recoil...lol. I was thinking suppressor for the wow factor. I think Im happy with the 700p stock for now and Im doing the Supperssor before the stock replacement.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,799 Posts
I LOVE NOISE :D The last range trip I went on I had a guy to my right and had to throw my plastic case up because of the Roedale brake on my .308. Man that brake makes some serious noise :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
36 Posts
JFComfort said:
You over pay for the name with an AAC or Surefire. Check out Elite Iron. Very reasonably priced, options for high end materials like titanium. Bring it over to Matt Babb at Long Mountain Outfitters, he can fill you in on the details that make them a stand out better than I can.
[...]
Which retailers sell their product?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
600 Posts
arthury said:
JFComfort said:
You over pay for the name with an AAC or Surefire. Check out Elite Iron. Very reasonably priced, options for high end materials like titanium. Bring it over to Matt Babb at Long Mountain Outfitters, he can fill you in on the details that make them a stand out better than I can.
[...]
Which retailers sell their product?
Long Mountain Outfitters or I believe you can get it directly from Elite Iron.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
36 Posts
JFComfort said:
arthury said:
JFComfort said:
You over pay for the name with an AAC or Surefire. Check out Elite Iron. Very reasonably priced, options for high end materials like titanium. Bring it over to Matt Babb at Long Mountain Outfitters, he can fill you in on the details that make them a stand out better than I can.
[...]
Which retailers sell their product?
Long Mountain Outfitters or I believe you can get it directly from Elite Iron.
Just FYI: Their website (Elite Iron) sells it at msrp, which is higher price than AAC sold at ImpactGuns.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
600 Posts
arthury said:
JFComfort said:
arthury said:
Which retailers sell their product?
Long Mountain Outfitters or I believe you can get it directly from Elite Iron.
Just FYI: Their website (Elite Iron) sells it at msrp, which is higher price than AAC sold at ImpactGuns.
Give Long Mountain a call, shoot maybe the guys got a deal on them. (?)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQ-KG1odvLs

Like the guy says;

"Its only funny because its not mine"
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
36 Posts
JFComfort said:
arthury said:
JFComfort said:
Long Mountain Outfitters or I believe you can get it directly from Elite Iron.
Just FYI: Their website (Elite Iron) sells it at msrp, which is higher price than AAC sold at ImpactGuns.
Give Long Mountain a call, shoot maybe the guys got a deal on them. (?)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQ-KG1odvLs

Like the guy says;

"Its only funny because its not mine"
This situation could have erupted into a life-threatening one. So, that's one risk to think about when slapping a muzzle breaker or silencer onto a gun.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
409 Posts
Check out YHM's Phantom 7.62. Some of the other guys on here can probably comment on them more than I could, but I like the idea of throwing a can on your threaded flash suppessor. And then throwing the same can on your AR-15. And on your .22. Maybe AAC also does this but that's a lot of money for a name. I work part time at a gun store and we sell both. People seem very happy with the YHM and it's about $600 (plus the $200 tax stuff), while the AAC I believe was closer to a grand. That's my next grand scheme, after I get a new stock. I actually want the stock you have. I'll trade you straight up for a Hogue SA... :lol: :D Don't answer now, just think about it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
23 Posts
Definitely get the suppressor! I have an AAC Cyclone for my 700P and it is awesome! No recoil or blast. I love watching the bullet hit through the scope!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
23 Posts
And for the record you do not over pay with AAC.
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Top