Remington 700 Rifle Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I will put a order in for the swfa 5-20x50 HD this comming week maybe. These scopes should be here late June to mid July. As of right now swfa and snipershide are running a promo for 500 dollars off with a promotion then regular price will be 1499.99. From what I have seen in a small review Frank put out it's a really good scope and runs up there with the high ends scopes.

You can pm me for more details and links to snipershide.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well I put in the order for the scope Today. Also bought the TPS Med set of rings. I will post pics and maybe get a video review done also. The scope should be here about mid June or the end of June.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Nice. I wathed Franks review and thought. NICE!!! I want one. Whats this going on?

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I will have my scope on the 28th of June :D can't wait. I will post results after I take it for a spin.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yup :D today I just got my other set of TPS rings and a SA TPS base for my .308. Tomorrow I will have new pics to post. My next build I might go for a .338 Lapua and I will almost 100% have a USO on it like what you got just a little higher magnification.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Winxp_Man said:
Yup :D today I just got my other set of TPS rings and a SA TPS base for my .308. Tomorrow I will have new pics to post. My next build I might go for a .338 Lapua and I will almost 100% have a USO on it like what you got just a little higher magnification.
Hit up Jason Kyle when your ready for the USO. HOGNUTS has the big T-Pal, awesome scope!

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I would go for a 44mm versus a 58mm. I guess a 3.2 to 17x will have to do......

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
In the Box before I opened it when I got home from work.

I will take better pics with day time and post them to.

Aron-

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ya its nice to have Illuminating switch on the parallax side turret.

Here are some day time pics :D

Damn I love this scope and so does little Franky :)

·
Registered
277 Posts
I have one of the "old school" SWFA SS 20X42. I shot it today one of my 5.56's. The glass is as good as my Leupold spotter.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well the glass on the SS 5-20 some are saying it seems a tad better than NF glass.

·
Registered
277 Posts
That's good, I hope it is as good or close. NF is a good scope to try and beat - they're really good quality.
I really don't know why scopes are getting so expensive. Except maybe we keep paing for them. :p

And It will start getting more attention to SWFA, which is a very good scope. I think the SS has one model scope priced at $1500 and the rest are all very attainable for casual shooters and first timers.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well I can vouch that this damn scope is worth its money. The last time I went shooting I ended up shooting in 20 MPH winds with my buddies. So I leave the rifle on the table that stands about 3 ft tall and go to take a look at the target 300 yards away. As I come back I notice that my table I was shooting at had no more rifle on it :eek: :eek:

Well I make it back and the rifle had gotten blown off the table :eek: :eek: unreal almost but the damn winds were nuts so not totally unreal. So I pick it back up and everything was fine and finish got scraps but not deep enough to take it off. Also the scope was on target with no issues. By the way this is my second SWFA 5-20x50 that sits on my .308. This is a non illuminated version and the setup weights about 13.5-14 pounds so what was quite a fall . But all in all in my books its well worth the money.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts