Remington 700 Rifle Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to buy my first high dollar scope off a member of Snipers Hide. Its a Swfa 10x42. He is including rings and flip up caps for around $250. Just checking if its a good buy and also does anyone know what the warranty is like for SWFA?

·
Registered
173 Posts
The SWFA SuperSniper 10x42 brand new with rings and flip up caps is $299 off a group buy on Sniper's Hide.

The warranty..well it's a no questions asked no BS warranty. Basically as long as that scope says SS, it's covered. But not like you'd need to send it in, the things double as baseball bats.

·
Registered
173 Posts
It's up to you, if the $60 more for something brand new as opposed to used (I mean, how used is it?) is worth it to you, go with new.

If you'd rather use the $60 to say..have more ammo to shoot, go for it.

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
I never shot or seen through one but if it was a buy from a recent group purchase and it's already for sale. That tells me something. Now if it's something that has been laying around I understand.

We all want the best bang for the buck. if you can get the same thing, for cheaper even if it's 5 dollars less. I'd go for it. (providing it's what you want) supporting local business and USA based business is great. But helping a person out that has the same financial worries and expensive hobby is a good deed in my book. Just
My .02.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I used a SS 10x42 on a friend's rifle. Granted, the scope was bought in 1998, but it was a very, very nice scope. If I do recall, there are a good many floating around in Iraq and Afghanistan on service rifles. While my normal ideal isn't "buy exactly what the military buys because it's "gonna be tacticool-y awesome," but if it did fine over there it'll do fine in the safe, it'll do fine at the range, and it'll do fine in the woods.

Possibility like a lot of people who buy fixed power scopes, he wanted more power, less power, or a variable power.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I've had a 10x on my .22 rimfire for LR practice 3 years now. The only thing I really don't like about it is the set screws on the thimbles don't quite hold, or might slip into a set screw cut on the brass piece. I don't really clamp down on them though.
If it gets too bad, i can send it in for free repair.

I would rather spend the extra $50 for a new one.

An extra $125 or so for a Sightron tactical might be worthwhile.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts