Remington 700 Rifle Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone know if the factory remington synthetic stock on the adl is hollow or foam filled? if it is hollow i am thinking about filling it with sand somehow to ad some weight to my featherlight cannon. just trying to calm my gun down a bit so it is easier to get a follow up shot on running coyotes.and i found a guy near by to shorten my barrel, he wants 80 so shorten and recrown it, is this a good price.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
From what I saw in most ADL stocks they are hollow with a peice of foam insert that can be taken out with no problems at all. Throw some lead in for weight hehehe

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ive had shotguns that have had lead poured into holes drilled into the stock behind the butt plate. a have a good reason behind using sand. i am mostly an archer, guns is a side hobby. i shoot on ben pearsons pro staff and i help a stabalizer company come up with designs. one of the best ways to dissapate shock from a bow is a stabalizer filled with silica sand. i figured i might try this on a rifle stock and see if it works.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Hey another bow guy :D I got a PSE that one of these needs to have a stabilizer put on.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
id recomend gettng ahold of tim at poverty hollow for a stabalizer. hes a great guy to deal with and doesnt charge an arm and a leg. right now im working with him on a new design. what model pse do you have? you using it for hunting or target shooting?

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
It's a PSE Pro 2007 model I believe. I will pull it out to get the exact model. Also it's a hunting bow. I only target practice for hunting build up.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i usually go out and quickly fill my tags so i can get my bow ready for target season lol

·
Registered
7 Posts
BOWS I love mine a mission 2010 eliminator II any thing 50 Y on down is mine + my 2 older mathews. But back to the syn. stock I got a Idea piller bedding I found this glue for plastic it is some tuff stuff. I have glued things together used a hammer to see how mutch abuse it will take. The glue held! Next what about kitty hair fiberglass bondo fill in from the recoil lug on back. MY toys 721 now a 700 BDL .06 700 SPS DM .308 4 muzzleloadres 2 of them from kits both browend
(not blued done it my self with a sweat box)5 shot guns 2 rist rockets 1 grabage can so I can play with the squirrels thinking about making a atlatl just for fun of it.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
lol, as soon as i finish moving my stuff from my apartment back to my house i will get my .308 out to do some tinkering. just too busy right now to mess with it

1 - 9 of 9 Posts