Remington 700 Rifle Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the 223, and was just wondering if there is any difference in accuracy between the two? Really itching to shoot it and just want to know what I can hope for in that first session. My r-15, 204 shoots sub MOA @ 100. Just hoping for a little better from a bolt and the 700. Is that possible or probable to achieve?

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
I would say that both .223 or .308 (if shooter does his part) will shoot sub MOA .

·
Registered
403 Posts
jwaz27 said:
1/2 MOA a prayer with the Hogue stock touching the barrel?
I was shooting less then .50" MOA @ 100 yds. with my SPS Tac .308 with the Hogue. It gets better with a better stock though.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
^^^ its more consistent with a HS or a B&C stock or what ever the OP may decide to get.

·
Registered
105 Posts
308isgreat said:
jwaz27 said:
I was shooting less then .50" MOA @ 100 yds. with my SPS Tac .308 with the Hogue. It gets better with a better stock though.

has anyone have any comments on the Axiom UL stocks?..... have a Varmint .223 ADL....looking to mount it on the Axiom stock and converting to, BDL....

·
Registered
80 Posts
vincmm said:
308isgreat said:
jwaz27 said:

has anyone have any comments on the Axiom UL stocks?..... have a Varmint .223 ADL....looking to mount it on the Axiom stock and converting to, BDL....
a few years ago they peaked my interest right up until i started building my .308. I was debating one on my remington 700 sps .270 but could never find anyone who would ship it across the border. I have the shotgun version on my 870 tactical magnum shotgun and this thing works. Reduced recoil, and couldnt tell the difference between target shot and slugs. The wife was shooting off slugs also and she never complained. But back to business, personally i dont think your see the true benefits this stock has to offer in mounting a .223 in it, as respectable the calibre is, the kick i think would be lacking for the stock to serve its true purpose.

·
Registered
105 Posts
.308remy said:
vincmm said:
308isgreat said:

a few years ago they peaked my interest right up until i started building my .308. I was debating one on my remington 700 sps .270 but could never find anyone who would ship it across the border. I have the shotgun version on my 870 tactical magnum shotgun and this thing works. Reduced recoil, and couldnt tell the difference between target shot and slugs. The wife was shooting off slugs also and she never complained. But back to business, personally i dont think your see the true benefits this stock has to offer in mounting a .223 in it, as respectable the calibre is, the kick i think would be lacking for the stock to serve its true purpose.

I have had these thoughts too. the 223 just doesn't recoil enough to begin with.
I really don't want to purchase another 700 to make abuild...unless I can find one super cheap...course right now you should be able to get a varmint SPS for under $500 with current rebate offer.
I really like the look of the 20" barreled guns......
thanks for the feedback.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts