Remington 700 Rifle Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering what type of slings are you guys using I'm going to put one on my rifle but can't find something that's comfortable for hiking I've seen the slings that hold you rifle on your back facing down they look cumfy but not sure any idea's would be great.

Cheers nathan

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
I know of a MRT leather sling on the M40 after I think they might of been issued with a nylon sling but not 100% sure.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Yeah the old one was the M1907 leather but they now use a nylon one, just not sure who makes it. It's a nice sling, anyone know who makes it?

·
Registered
639 Posts
The TIS slings are issued on both the M24 and also M40 sniper rifles. I think USN SEALs use them aswell. Mike Miller is the guy who makes them and is a great guy to deal with. I have the M24 Contract sling in OD and love it. Just need to get a few more for different rifles.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Another vote for TIS. :D

I have 2 and will get a third.

They are the dogs bollocks.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I've just gotten back into bolt guns and because I had a spare laying around put a padded Vtac sling on. Had been using one on ARs for a while and so far it's working pretty well.
They offer another model that allows you to sling it vertically like a backpack also I believe so I plan to look into those.
Vtac also has the best ball cap I have seen in a while, Coolmax from Bangladesh, very comfy ;-)

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have 2 VTAC carbine slings that I use on my bolt guns. I like them for the fast adjustment. Now that TAB is making a quick adjust sling, I may try one of those

1 - 13 of 13 Posts