Remington 700 Rifle Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
I'm liking what I see!!!! Might have to get a new rifle to put together :D

What I would like to know is if there butt stock can be changed out with other types of stocks.

·
Registered
233 Posts
One of the things I worry about with chassis systems that have the scope mounted to them is what poi shift do you have if the action is removed and reattached? How durable is the accuracy if the scope rail part takes an impact? I would rather see the scope mounted to a rail attached to the receiver then the chassis. JM2C

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the kind words! The MOD*X comes standard with a LUTH-AR MBA butt stock and the A*B Arms SBR P*Grip. However, it is designed to accept any AR-15 rifle butt stock and pistol grip! I hope that helps!

·
Registered
121 Posts
you guys are not reading the webpage, the scope "rail" of that chassis, screws in in the same location as any scope rail on top of the action. That chassis uses the scope rail screws along (the top) and on the bottom metal screws of the factory remington, which makes it even more rigid and ZERO I mean ZERO possibility of the bipod ever causing the barrel not to free float that design in genius; i want one.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I looked at this and I think that the scope mount is connected to the chassis where the bipod is attached as well. I am not very fond of this combination. I like the scoop mount to be separate from the chassis but that's just me. I put allot of pressure on the bipod and I do not want my poi to shift as it is connected to the scope in this design. The weight is a nice thing though. My AI chassis is heavy.

Thoughts?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts