Remington 700 Rifle Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I hope it is anyway. Stopped by Gander Mt. today and they had primers. CCI primers. CCI Small Rifle Primers!!!! I snagged 2000 of them for me and my Buddy. Now we'll be able to shoot for the rest of the year. I'm down to number 4 on the waiting list at my local Gun shop so maybe the shortage is almost over. How's it looking around the rest of the country?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Things are improving with more powder and bullets available locally. Primers are still tough to get and are behind the counter and must be asked for. Depending on who you are, you might get some, but not many at a time. I just bought 100 168 gn. SMK's because they actually had some. (Only 200)

·
Registered
795 Posts
That's good to hear. I know ammo and stuff is getting more in stock. I think people have stock piled enough in their homes now. I know I have and I know others who have also. I haven't checked our local Gander Mt. in awhile, but I should to see if they have some primers etc.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I am finding that primers are coming in on a somewhat regular basis now, but all the places down here still have a limit of 100 primers per household per day.

·
Registered
795 Posts
My local Gander Mt. doesn't have any quite yet since I last checked a few days ago after being inspired by the original post. :D

But anyway, I think thing are coming back into stock. I'm glad to see they are putting limits on some of the stuff otherwise it will usually be one person who buys an the entire supply at a small store. Although, I've never heard of a limit of 100 before, I knew some were limiting down to about 1,000 per purchase.

How about bullets? Is everybody able to find their premium bullets and such? Seems like that might be getting a little better as well.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've given up trying to find Hornady bullets. I switched to Nosler Ballistic Tips and they seem to be just as accurate. The Noslers are availabe at my local Gun shop. I think Hornady's are scarce because they are making so many different products and their bullets are loaded in a lot of different factory ammo.

·
Registered
26 Posts
jerrschmitt said:
I've given up trying to find Hornady bullets. I switched to Nosler Ballistic Tips and they seem to be just as accurate. The Noslers are availabe at my local Gun shop. I think Hornady's are scarce because they are making so many different products and their bullets are loaded in a lot of different factory ammo.
Hornady are in good supply here in Texas. Cabellas and Bass Pro Shops have a lot on the shelf.
I prefer Sierra and shoot .223 aqnd .308. I have noticed 6mm on the shelf also.
Check out those store on line.
You may get lucky.
Good Luck

·
Registered
795 Posts
I couldn't get the Noslers to shot worth a crap out of my AR-15. I have tried the Sierras and the V-Max. I'm using V-Max now, but I did get good results with the Sierras as well.

I was impressed with the quality of the Noslers and thought they would work for sure, but I should give them a try again as I'm sure my lack of shooting practice early on had something to do with those large groups. :rolleyes:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts