Remington 700 Rifle Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you guys could piece together the absolute best bolt action tac driver in the world with No restrictions other than it has to be .223 or .308. I'm talking about from barrel, twist, action, stock, bipod. Use your imagination! Let's all "create" our perfect rifles.

Mine.

Sturgeon action, Bartlein barrel 24" 1:10 / 5r SS / fluted, USO optics, surefire break, jewel trigger, aics 2.0, atlas bipod, accushot monopod, Jewell trigger hvr, badger ordanance 20 moa base, mark 4 rings, heavy duty recoil lug, all blue printed, bedded, trued.

What about you??

·
Registered
277 Posts
I don't know JB. I have to think that my next rifle will be a diff cal. I'm thinking (at least for now) .243AI. Or I might try to copy JFC and use the 6.5 Creedmore, not sure yet. I really like what he's doing with that round. Really impressive stuff what those Vegas boys are able to do with it.

I'm deffinately with you on the USO, Atlas Bipod, Accushot Monopod and the BO Base. I really prefer my Holland muzzle brake, I talked to Darrell Holland before my last trip to Afghanistan the last time. He sent me his brand new design, which is now his radial brake design. I've kept it and mounted it on my latest rifle that I have pictured on this site. I will have it forever.

·
Registered
526 Posts
I have spent most of my life searching for the perfect rifle and have yet to find it.

Any of the custom actions would do as would any of the barrels from the top barrel makers. If you watch the match results, the list of barrel makers and actions changes weekly. More important, I think, is the gunsmith that puts it all together.

I prefer 2oz Jewell BR triggers on my prairie dog rifles but I do have a 2 oz shilen on one rifle and like it.

Scope would depend on the type of shooting you are doing. For me it would be a Nightforce in their rings and base but I don't shoot tactical matches.

I would never choose a .308 or .223 in an accurate rifle but prefer 6BR, .243 Ackley, 6.5X47 Lapua and others.

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have seen .308 and .223 do some amazing things. In fairness, I have not seen the other calibers in person so my idea of amazing may be off by the standard.

On a side note, speaking of custom actions.. have you heard anything about the templar actions?

·
Registered
600 Posts
Oh here's my rifle for now;

DTA PRS
6.5 CM, 7mm SAUM and .338 LM
USO SN-3 3.8-22x44mm ERGO
DTA mono pod
AAC Ti can
USO mount
La Rue adapter + Harris 6-9 swivel
TAB Sling
Str8 Laced shooters rear/support bag

Something like this. The SRS belongs to my friend Tyler.

·
Registered
409 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Those Hi-Point carbines are decent little rifles.. I'd take one over a Keltec SUB-2000 any day. The 9mm my friend has cycles any ammo and shoots as well dirty or clean.

It may not shoot sub-MOA or even MOA, but it goes boom every time you pull it's gritty little trigger.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Ah... my first rifle (first that I actualy bought for myself, anyways). No joke. Bought a Hi Point 9mm carbine my senior year.
"Gritty little trigger"
Yes, the trigger sucked. That gun just oozed ghetto blaster. Don't recall having any malfuntions, though.
Didn't mean to jack the thread... just joking around.

·
Registered
496 Posts
6.5 X284 , 27 IN BARTLEIN BARREL, TUBB RECOIL LUG, MCMILLAN A5 STOCK, JEWEL HVR TRIGGER, GLASS BEDDED, STOCK 700 BOLT HANDLE (I LIKE EM) SURGEON OR JOE COLLIER ACTION. WARN TACTICAL RINGS MED. TUBB 20 MOA BASE, AND TOP HER OFF WITH A LEUPOLD MK4.

·
Registered
19 Posts
jasonbourne said:
If you guys could piece together the absolute best bolt action tac driver in the world with No restrictions other than it has to be .223 or .308. I'm talking about from barrel, twist, action, stock, bipod. Use your imagination! Let's all "create" our perfect rifles.

Mine.

Sturgeon action, Bartlein barrel 24" 1:10 / 5r SS / fluted, USO optics, surefire break, jewel trigger, aics 2.0, atlas bipod, accushot monopod, Jewell trigger hvr, badger ordanance 20 moa base, mark 4 rings, heavy duty recoil lug, all blue printed, bedded, trued.

What about you??

I was never a fan of 22-250 until I got one.
Remmy 700 26" bull barrel
has the funny stock but man is it ever sweet
the 55 grain pills were banging the gong at 350 with no worries
the breeze did had some tweeking of scope when it really kicked up
but out of the box it was 1" at 250 yrd
at 300 it was scary how well it was shooting
shot 5,allowed to kool,patch ran through it and repeated until I had ran 50 rounds
then a good scrubbing inside and out and she was doing her thing with bells on

Attachments

·
Registered
89 Posts
I get how the 22-250 shoots real flat. My brother in law has one and I like it....for a .22. I also like the .22LR cuz the ammo's so cheap and I like the .223 cuz you can jam so many into an nice, light AR. but none of those reasons are in my mind when choosing a "dream build". I want solid ballistics out to 1000 yds, minimum. 175 gr. .308 do that, barely. As for a dream build .308, I'll leave that to y'all. My Rem M700SS R5 Milspec is real nice out of the box. I put decent Nikon glass and a burris swivel bipod on it and I hit what I'm aiming for, even under adverse conditions. I will look to y'all for the dream guns. There sure are fun to look at and probably even more so to shoot. Happy Holidays and Happy shootin y'all.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts