Remington 700 Rifle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

I'm interested in perhaps buying one of the model 700 Stainless Special 5R MilSpec rifle in .308 Win. Does anyone have one? If so, what has your experience been with it in terms of accuracy at 200 and 300 yards?

Thanks for your input!

Kix

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
One of our members on here "fasteach" has a 5r in stock condition. With hand loads at 600 yards he is consisstantly sub moa. Those things are tack drivers with the right load. If you check the forum he has posted alot of data on loads for the 5r

·
Registered
120 Posts
I have a 5R in an AICS stock. It is a good shooting rifle

Here is a typical 5 shoot group using Hornady TAP at 100yds

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Whew! Nice rifle and a great group! I have had good luck with Hornady TAP with my other .308 rifles. What bullet weight did you use? I have also had good luck with Federal GM Match with 168 grain Sierra Match King BTHP.

Nice shooting!

Kix

·
Registered
120 Posts
kixonrt66 said:
Whew! Nice rifle and a great group! I have had good luck with Hornady TAP with my other .308 rifles. What bullet weight did you use? I have also had good luck with Federal GM Match with 168 grain Sierra Match King BTHP.

Nice shooting!

Kix

I was shooting 168 gr. I have a couple of boxes of 175 gr but haven't tried them yet. The Fed Gold Medal shoot good also, but I got better results with the TAP.

PS My aiming point was the bottom point of the diamond where it touches the block, not the center.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Nice shooting. Pretty much looks like you were close to MOA at 600.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Sarah said:
Hello every one I am Sarah. I want to share that it is a good to get the benefits from The Remington model 700 stainless special 5R milspec. So we should take it for positive use.
get a will
Your wording was a bit unclear, but I took from it that you are suggesting that we use our weapons responsibly (positive.) Many people have used rifles in by way of negative means that was justified by positive ends. I poached this quote from another page. It illustrates my point more clearly: "Weapons are tools of power. In the hands of the state they can be the tools of decency or the tools of oppression, depending on the righteousness of that state. In the hands of criminals they are tools of evil. In the hands of free and decent citizens they are tools of liberty. An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it."
- Col. Jeff Cooper

I have had violence inflicted upon me numerous times. I am now armed. Heavily. The next time someone threatens my life or the lives of my family, I might need to commit a negative act (at least the violator would see it as negative) in order to preserve our safety, which i consider positive. I don't mean to argue semantics with you nor do I mean to seem confrontational. I just want to point out that for some of us, it's not so simple to differentiate between positive and negative.

·
Registered
496 Posts
theres something i just cant put my finger on this "sarah''. if im wrong i appolojize but my guts telling me diffrent. troll? anti gun activist? aint sure what yet but im gonna keep the spotting scope on "sara"

·
Registered
496 Posts
wish mr administrator would delete this account and ban it so we wouldnt have to deal with all the bull.
can i get a amen?

·
Registered
325 Posts
Amen! I feel the administrator does a good job at keeping junk out.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I feel stupid that I actually responded to her. I knew something seemed odd. Anyways, my 700 r5 milspec 24" stainless is stock. it shoots great out of the box. I'm a novice shooter, but i do very well at 100 yards and I will grow to inprove and the rifle will remain far more accurate than i am for a long time. Fasteach is the man on this one. His 600 yd groupings say a lot. Check my post just below yours for more info if you like.

·
Registered
228 Posts
EZTundra77 - I don't see how defending yourself against - or even if needed, killing a person that is a threat to you and/or your family being a negative thing. The way I see it - that is just another negative part of society that needs to be removed anyway. So - wouldn't that be a positive thing? I AM WITH YOU BROTHER!!!!!

·
Registered
89 Posts
DJ- Well, I was referring to the point of view of the assailant's family etc. BUT I'M WITH YOU TOO!!! I do have a strong reverence for life, even that of a scumball (or at least their kin.) I obviously put the safety of me and mine over said scumball, but I would still feel empathy for the family of a person that I ended-even though that person was invading my home, etc. I try to keep my thoughts balanced, weighing between what is "good" and what is "necessary." But the next person who decides to try and steal on me violently will most definitely tip that scale themselves and I won't take responsibility for their choice.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Thanks brother!

·
Registered
13 Posts
kixonrt66 said:
Hello All,

I'm interested in perhaps buying one of the model 700 Stainless Special 5R MilSpec rifle in .308 Win. Does anyone have one? If so, what has your experience been with it in terms of accuracy at 200 and 300 yards?

Thanks for your input!

Kix
I have one and regularly use it out to 600yds with sub minute groups. Mine has even been cut to 20".

1 - 20 of 28 Posts