Remington 700 Rifle Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is the story on my new 700. I saw a listing go up locally for a rem 700. I contacted the guy and picked up the rifle. I just got my new millett glass from a good guy over on Snipershide. So here is what she looks like right now.

-rem 700 varmint in .223 with heavy barrel
-millett trs-1 glass

Attachments

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Only bad part is that the rings on the millett will not mount on my stock remmy base. Any recommendations for a new base?

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
Egw makes a nice 1 piece rail in different moa slopes.
I use a leupold mark 4 - 1 piece If I recall it's a 15moa base. There are bases with all different slopes. 20moa seems to be the average on what most people use. Anything higher than that will make shooting at 100 yards a little difficult.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
is the egw base smaller than the stock remmy base. The rings that came with the scope are just a tad to small and wont mount will any of the egw bases work?

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
Yea, as long as it's the Picatiny rail it will fit. If anything it might be a little bigger than your rings. That's why I pair rings and base with the same company.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Careful getting rings. You have a 35mm tube I believe (I own a TRS-1 as well, 6X26X56) and finding rings can be a bit difficult. I got a weaver 20 moa base for my AAC-SD and opticsplanet hat the lower rings I was looking for. It's a monster of a scope but the glass is great and tons of light. You'll enjoy it!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I all ready have the rings. I just need a base to mount on my remmy the scope remmy base is to wide for the rings that i got with the scope

1 - 10 of 10 Posts