Remington 700 Rifle Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just spent the day at Thunder Valley in Kimbolton OH on Saturday. Tom, owner and holder of the world record 1000 yrd group, was fantastic. His rates are great and he trains everyone from DOE to me (joe citizen). I watched him shoot his custom 300 Hawk, 3500 yards and hit a tree he was aiming at. They hold matches every month and have a sniper match coming up. I hit his 12x12 steel at 1150 yards on my second shot. He gets some crazy wind up there too. If you are near OH, I recommend heading over to TVP. I went on a practice day, $30 for the whole day and everyone is very helpful.
Until Saturday, 800 yrds was the farthest I had shot, 1150 was awesome.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Nice 3500 yards sound CRAZY!!!!!! :D

I would love to shoot at that kind of distance.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Winxp_Man said:
Nice 3500 yards sound CRAZY!!!!!! :D

I would love to shoot at that kind of distance.
I have a nice spotting scope and I could barely see his hits. He has a custom round, it is a necked down 338 LM. He is holding a "Head Hunter Match" this weekend. 6x9 inch steel heads at 5 different stations, 5 different distances per station, shooters are dug in and will have to work for the shot. Only get one shot per head. I am going to try to go out for it. I hit one of his heads, first shot at 560 yards. Thunder Valley Precision is very fun and challenging.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just got back from Thunder Valley Precision, they held a "Head Hunter" shoot this weekend, 20 targets (steel 6x9 head shaped steel targets) one shot per target, 4 shooting positions-5 targets per postion. I was very humbled today. I hit 5 out of 20. Tom set up the course as a sniper vs 5 man team drill, only get 5 min per station.

It was great and learned a lot about wind. I have all the dope for my rifle/scope, but the wind was crazy. It was a really fun and educational experience.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts