Remington 700 Rifle Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
...I had to cheat. Almost bit on the Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building thing but remembered the hint related to 'early' US history.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Remember, that shot started the begining of our REPUBLIC. Recite the pledge of allegiance and you will come upon "and to the Republic for which it stands..." Do you know the difference between a Republic and a democracy?
In a Republic the government is supposed to protect your borders and your freedom, PERIOD. In a democracy you can loose your freedom by a vote of 50% plus one. When the founders established our form of government a young lady asked Benjamin Franklin "what have you given us?" and his reply was, "a Republic....if you can keep it."

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
RidgeRunner said:
Remember, that shot started the begining of our REPUBLIC. Recite the pledge of allegiance and you will come upon "and to the Republic for which it stands..." Do you know the difference between a Republic and a democracy?
In a Republic the government is supposed to protect your borders and your freedom, PERIOD. In a democracy you can loose your freedom by a vote of 50% plus one. When the founders established our form of government a young lady asked Benjamin Franklin "what have you given us?" and his reply was, "a Republic....if you can keep it."
AMEN!!!

Our kids said that nothing of this date was ever talked about in school, I guess it goes against the Marxist Ideals/Agenda they are teaching our youth.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I reckon nobody wants to talk about it for fear that "Hitlers" little brown suits will tell on them.
Well, here I am.......I took an oath to uphold the Constitution........I am a Christian..........I am a Patritot........I love Peace........but don't push my ass.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
desertdog said:
RidgeRunner said:
AMEN!!!

Our kids said that nothing of this date was ever talked about in school, I guess it goes against the Marxist Ideals/Agenda they are teaching our youth.

You guys don't want to get me started :D

My father came over from Romania and I can here when I was 5 to little to remember much and how the government. I will say this that this nation will end up having to fight for its freedom here. Its how its started in Romania. The first thing that happened was the Russians pushed for a communist government after WWII and that's when President Causecu came to power. Next he slowly introduced and pushed into effect the law to ban weapons in all of the nation. After that happened it was over that was the end of freedom. Now he and his Secret Police goons saw that it wasn't enough that they had taken away the last piece of freedom but they started to persecute the Christians and everything that dealt with the teachings of the Bible. My father tells me stories once in a while about my grandma and how the time was back then. At the same time the people were not allowed to go into any other nation so it was a blocked border policy imagine that. So with the lets say decent agenda that the Marxist started out it turned into a dictatorship and blood bath for anyone opposed to the law. No one had anywhere to run or go or anything to defend themselves with.

In 89 my father and a few friends decided to make a run for freedom and get out before it would of been to late. I was about 4 at the time but vaguely remember the day he left for the border. The idea of running across the border was a really deadly one. Some parts were filled with mines others with a tone of soldiers day and night patrolling and others a few machine-gun nests to keep people for leaving out. And the last was the fear of being caught, if not killed in the field, in a prison system that was so corrupt and a broken and if you made it out alive you were considered to be a extremely lucky person. Now my father was a really blessed person to make it out alive and into a country that didnt support a communist system. Well right before the communist government was brought down by the people that said and decided to put an end to tyranny of the communist my whole family made it here. I remember watching on TV ( I cant figure how I remember some stuff from back then :D ) the revolution that started. The sad part was that everyone was armed with only shovels and pitch forks. This revolution was considered to be one to the bloodiest revolutions of Eastern European Communist government take down. It all started in the city of Timisoara on the western part of Romania. One thing to remember was that in the Romanian Military it was a idea that soldiers from the west would be stationed in the east and from the east in the west because they knew that people kinda had this type of hatred of country men for the opposite side of the country. (Sad world that people had to live in back then) So most of the Army that was stationed in Timisoara was soldiers from the east. Thus this idea that if anything broke out the soldiers would fire with no problem on the crowd. So now hopefully you get the idea that existed during the communist regime during the 50's 60's 70's and 80's.

Fast forward to today I would say that I'm proud to be a voter and vote for what I know is right and makes a difference. But with all this struggle from the government to get control on people it's making me think twice about what is freedom truly. It really pisses me off to watch or read anything related to taking away of our rights and freedom of faith and speech. I know growing up as a kid in the pledge of allegiance it was One Nation Under GOD !!!! now sadly even that is being attacked by people that find it offensive. And to make matters worse the building of the mosque at ground zero does not offend them at all. I am a strong Christan and believer of the Bible and its how this great nation was founded and should stay.

I will say this that freedom is something that all of us will have to fight for and maybe even put our lives on the line and it will be to give to the upcoming generation of people to have and cherish.

In the end I will say this that if we as a nation give in to a government demand of taking way our firearms we will end up like it was in the country that my family has left to live a better one here where freedom is still available to some point. This is a tactic used by the government to take control of a nation. I say as long as we will bare arms our freedom will be ours. Its something that we should fight for and never ever let go of.

Hope this made some sense and put some thought into people to stand up for what they believe in. And I did not want to offend anyone that is of non Christians. I will never force my believe in another persons mind but I will tell them of the Bible and God. If he or she chooses not to want to hear about so be it. Again I mean to offend no one !

Regards Aron-

·
Registered
82 Posts
Well said Aron. I knew a couple who escaped in the dark of night from Communist Budapest Hungary. They told me they would have been killed or put in prison for trying to escape. People want to be free. Be wary of United Nations troops on US soil. They also have no qualms about shooting an American. God Bless America.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It is sad, but the folks that are in this country spouting marxist ideals are for the most part born HERE, in fredom! They have never truely had to endure marxist communist rule.

Also, the marxists always attack the right of self defense, first and foremost. Another thing they attack is religion, we have basic God given rights, not "man given" rights which can be taken away, but rights given to man by God, which can never be taken by man. Erase GOD and remove the ability to defend, then take rights and fredoms and the next step is enslavement!

Aron, I hope there are enough ppl in this country like your father that know the dangers of communism and help remind us all that fredom isnt free!

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
well guys the good part is if SHTF I know there are a few country men that are willing to defend our freedom. :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts