700Rifle.com banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
G'day guys. What do you all use as a trainer/plinker rifle. Cal, make, model, accessories, etc like that.

I use this, Its a CZ 452 Deluxe .22LR w/ a Bushnell 2.5x20.

She's me pride and joy!!!!!

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dont grab a Kimber, for the cost, you can grab a CZ or Toz and it will shoot just as well. I think that a good quality .22LR is a must for shooters like us. they are fun and they help us practice.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The kimbers are just way over priced, especially down here. I'm mean, $1600 for the SVT and my CZ will most likely out shoot the bugger. I only paid about $659 for my CZ. Thats in Aussie dollars btw. And the Quality on my CZ is just superb!!!!!

·
Registered
181 Posts
The thing about the Kimbers is that they are sooo pretty. Particularly the Super America. Yeah I know, shallow.

SF, have you ever tried Wilson 1911 mags? I have about a half dozen and I really like them. The ten rounder is really cool.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Its a Russian made .22LR. Made by the Tula Arms Plant. Have a look at them. Kiwi on SC has one and loves it.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I too am a big fan of the CZ 452 and 453 Varmint models.

Although I am not a big fan of Savage's "AccuTrigger", their model MARK II-FV is a nice trainer with a very affordable price tag.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah, I'll agree that the Savages are nice but I think the CZ 452/453s are the best value for money .22LR rifle money can buy. They really are great rifles. I think the 453 Varmint in a McMillian Rimfire Magnum stock is the way to go. Just looks soo nice.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, My new scope for ma CZ came in the mail today finally. I bought a Nikko Sterling MountMaster 4x40 2nd hand from a guy here in Australia on a aussie hunting forum. It looks nice and its better then the Arctic Fox 4x32 it had one it taht I mounted on the weekend. My Arctic Fox 4x32 was an old air rifle scope that didnt work on the air rifle soo i tryed it on the CZ and I think its well and truly F***** so I mounted the Nikko Sterling 4x40 on it and it looks sweet!!!!!!!! I cant wait to get to ma mates place and try it out on their 50m range and then move back to the 100m. They have recently set up a a range that goes from 25m to 50m, 75m and 100m. There is room for I think out to 150m if not 200m soo I will proberly spend more time shooting there. There is also a crow issue that gets dealt with via their 12GA and my 20GA. I'll post some pictures soon. Proberly tomorrow. Also, when I get the pictures, I'll post up some from my weekend at my mates place with 7 of us younguns (2 Firearms licence holders though) had a boat load of fun shooting.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'll post up another thread for you guys.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts