Remington 700 Rifle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Barska SWAT scope decided that it would not cooperate while running the box test, so I ordered a Falcon Menace 4-14x44 Mil/Mil. The place that I ordered it from said that they're two weeks away from getting more in stock. :( I got a Tactical Interventions sling, EGW 20 MOA base, and now I am awaiting my new scope. I have never been that patient, I have cleaned my rifles a couple of times, reorganized my reloading room, but I am running out of patience... With hunting season going on, the Robar doesn't go to the woods (not planning on lugging a 14 pound rifle around), the LTR isn't scoped well for it (10X40 scope), just waiting for that scope...

The kids and I played soccer, video games, tag, and let's drive mom crazy (You just GOTTA try that last game!!!). Any suggestions? I had a couple of "adult" ideas but I have 4 kids and the wife is a 1972 model desperately in need of a frame-off restoration, so THAT ain't happening! Plus, with 4 kids we only have "hallway sex", that's when you pass each other in the hallway and say, "Screw you!".

Any ideas?

·
Registered
190 Posts
Well, mine is 1957 model with a broken foot, kids are grown, but oldest still at home, I know
what you mean, about hallway sex! mine just tells me to go play by myself :lol: at times I wish
I had A talking frog...at least I would have someone to talk to! :lol: but I am afraid I would get
warts from the damn thing...sometimes there is just no winning, maybe you should get yourself
a dog if you don't already have one? I got one,but he is as old as the wife! :lol: sooo. I Sleep
alot, by myself of course! but it does make time go by faster. :D

·
Registered
89 Posts
Guess I'm one of the lucky ones. I have a 1954 model that I wouldn't trade for the world.
plus the youngest is 19 and though they are all but one still home non of them are around much lol.

·
Registered
639 Posts
God, I guess im lucky that Im still young, single and dont have the missus to yell at me when I buy too many toys. Then again, it may change.

·
Registered
190 Posts
BobC said:
Guess I'm one of the lucky ones. I have a 1954 model that I wouldn't trade for the world.
plus the youngest is 19 and though they are all but one still home non of them are around much lol.
I,didn't mean I would trade her for anything in the world, I am kinda attached to her, had her for
36 years come feb 14th, but I might consider offers :lol: she used to be so quiet, but now she
has to put her two cents worth on everything...... maybe just part of getting old or being a little
bit intollerent? don't know, she really has been a good one!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quick said:
God, I guess im lucky that Im still young, single and dont have the missus to yell at me when I buy too many toys. Then again, it may change.
I have a good one, I go skydiving ALL weekend, the only thing she says is, "Need me to make some sandwiches?". I go out with the fellas and she doesn't care. I buy whatever I choose and it's cool. The ONLY problem is I have 3 daughters and 1 son, I don't understand "girl stuff" so I make her deal with "girl stuff", that gets overwhelming at times.

Quick, one thing that saves my marriage is my proposal:

"Hey, I'm a dude. I burp, fart, scratch, watch sports, build stuff, break stuff, hunt, fish, skydive, drive a HUGE ******* 4x4, and mow grass. I don't cook or clean. Wanna hang out for the rest of my life?" That way there are NO attempts to make me do something I don't want to!

·
Registered
639 Posts
Hahahahahaha. I'll remember that one mate.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm finding out that I'm one impatient old dude... I keep checking my email, like checking the fridge; nothing you want is in there when you want it to be, so you check every half hour or so to see if anything changed. I REALLY need to get a life: guns ($), parachutes ($$), Harley parts ($$$), thank God I gave up my expensive hobbies when I got married!

·
Registered
143 Posts
Hey Robo
She doesn't have a sister does she. LOL. Sounds like you got yourself a first class gal.
I'm pretty lucky myself, mine should have killed me in my sleep along time ago. I'm sure
when she told her side of the story she could easily convince a jury that I had it coming. I did
screw up and not only teach her how to shoot, I go out and buy her a Glock, and that concerns me sometimes.
All in all I've got it pretty good. She is younger than I am, no I didn't rob the cradle, I picked her up
from day care. Sometimes I think the age difference makes the difference. She will still know who I am
when I don't know anymore.

·
Registered
190 Posts
they all sound like good ones,I think the test drive is over and I'll keep her :lol:

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Bad news:

The vendor said that the manufacturer will ship their scopes next Monday. So, if it ships Monday (I'm giving them 5 days for shipping to the vendor, 3 for processing, 5 more for shipping to Alaska), I'm looking at getting it the first week of October... Sucks to be me!

Good news:

An Army ACU camo-colored bag fell out of a pickup on the highway, hit my truck windshield, slid over the cab and landed in the bed of my truck. When I pulled over, there were no cracks in the windshield, no dents in my truck, but the bag contained a BRAND NEW Bushnell Elite 1500 LRF! I didn't get the license number of the truck that it fell out of, but I posted it on craigslist. If it isn't collected in 14 days, it's mine!!!

So, it isn't all that bad... :/

·
Registered
190 Posts
hey, I was wondering what happened to my bag, I thougt I left in back in the motel room... :lol:

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Dang! You mean that was you?!? Shoulda stopped by, I'm on leave and I'm getting a couple of pork shoulders ready for some good ol' NC pulled pork BBQ this weekend! I'll put your bag in the mail for ya! :D

·
Registered
190 Posts
Robo said:
Dang! You mean that was you?!? Shoulda stopped by, I'm on leave and I'm getting a couple of pork shoulders ready for some good ol' NC pulled pork BBQ this weekend! I'll put your bag in the mail for ya! :D
THANKS! I appreciate that :lol:

·
Registered
190 Posts
Robo said:
dratt1957 said:
THANKS! I appreciate that :lol:
Anything I can do to help, I'm there!!! Just looking out for you! :lol:
ah,just go ahead and keep it, i have another one,but its just good out to 1200 yds :D

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Good news: Scope is here!!!

Bad news: There were none of the rings that I ordered to be found at Midway USA, the retailer I purchased the scope from, nor my local gunshops...

So I had to order another set that will be here on Thursday! Range day on Saturday so that I can see what improvements I have made, and to write a review on the new, untested components that have been added since my last range day!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Scope? On and boresighted.

Sling? On and adjusted.

Range? Tomorrow at 10AM.

Range report and initial impressions? Will be posted as soon as I return tomorrow!!! YAY ME!!!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Robo how are you liking your Tactical Interventions sling? I keep looking at them and thinking I ought to have one.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts