700Rifle.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Doom & Bob,

I first visited this site 5 years ago while becoming member only last few months. VS Admin posted up grading the web site some of the titles by posts are 2 or 3 years old so with that said maybe some should be deleted and others activated or re-invented?

I would like to see a Reloading title and Reloading equipment title and more for shotguns that just 870 while its a 700 forum we all are active in other shooting sports.

·
Super Moderator
1,322 Posts
Doom and I have been working with VS regarding some changes to the categories. For sure Reloading is a hot topic, always for accuracy and now also for ammo supply.

Maybe one Non-700 Catch all Firearm category would work like on other Manufacturer related sites. www.ShotgunWorld.com covers most if not all of my shotgun questions, non-brand restricted and I am on plenty of shooting type sites, I.E. short range bench rest, long range benchrest, bullseye pistol, free pistol etc. I never search by category, only by key words and I think most of the time you can get to the right audience buy your Thread Title.

One way to get some of the OLD but pertinent threads revised is if everyone starts searching for subjects they are interested in and then post to those old threads they find that may be time to get back in front of what is now a very new group.

Since the sight has over 11,000 who have signed up over its life, we all know that the current active users are in the Dozens, which is a shame.

Right now there are over 100 people on the site lurking, with only 3 of us members. Come on guys, sign up and join in.

New active users like you Mayor are a great boost to the site.

Bob

·
Super Moderator
429 Posts
Well! How about this new look? As Bob said we have worked on categories and hope to continue. We have reloading but no separate hardware section. This forum by design was Rem 700 model specific and I don’t see that changing. I think we can modify some of categories. Your input helps.

You can also help by posting as often as possible in an effort to increase traffic.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Doom and I have been working with VS regarding some changes to the categories. For sure Reloading is a hot topic, always for accuracy and now also for ammo supply.
Maybe one Non-700 Catch all Firearm category would work like on other Manufacturer related sites. www.ShotgunWorld.com covers most if not all of my shotgun questions, non-brand restricted and I am on plenty of shooting type sites, I.E. short range bench rest, long range benchrest, bullseye pistol, free pistol etc. I never search by category, only by key words and I think most of the time you can get to the right audience buy your Thread Title.
One way to get some of the OLD but pertinent threads revised is if everyone starts searching for subjects they are interested in and then post to those old threads they find that may be time to get back in front of what is now a very new group.
Since the sight has over 11,000 who have signed up over its life, we all know that the current active users are in the Dozens, which is a shame.
Right now there are over 100 people on the site lurking, with only 3 of us members. Come on guys, sign up and join in.
New active users like you Mayor are a great boost to the site.
Bob

·
Super Moderator
429 Posts
Mayor,

Did you mean to say something?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I tried last night but would not allow me to type in reply frame as was only able to hit reply ? The new format doesn't like the mayor .....................

The media group that owns this site and other shooting, hunting & outdoor web sites have been migrating this format the last several months. Some regulars finally got used to it as other were frustrated and departed. The web site changes were too much all at once as activity dropped off 30 - 50 % plus in order to make it easier for your viewing pleasure pay $19.98 per year as it also on 700Rifle.com.

The advantage of this site don't have all the drama but finding the right or correct title to post a thread is a struggle for me and I've been here a little while. That's good news Doom & BOB looking @ the page titles and believe some should be deleted and other title considered as "Discussion" appears several times for different subject matter. Ammo prices so high reloading taking the country by storm so that topic should be added as well as shotguns. The idea is to generated traffic as site could use more beyond the model 700.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
While Shotgun World was once a great "shotgun" web site as I was part of a Collector Group helping newbies on Pre-64 Winchesters, American Classic Doubles and Beretta's. Carbon Media that originated the site sold to another media group, I think its the owners of this site? Anyway shotgun World is not near what it was then scammers showed up and link virus's to the site so had to give it up. I enjoyed Randy's columns on Remington's V3, the Remington's guy's brought us the 1st one on the "Shore" broke a 24 @ skeet in 30-35 mile a hour wind with the V3, it a good shotgun.

·
Super Moderator
1,322 Posts
I am still on ShotgunWorld a lot and I think Curly is doing a good job. I am so glad that he eliminated the Political Section.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am still on ShotgunWorld a lot and I think Curly is doing a good job. I am so glad that he eliminated the Political Section.
Shotgun World Winchester collectors was a fine group and all gentlemen. I started to sell my Winchester model 12 parts to other collectors on the Forum and it still took me 5 years to sell all those parts.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts