Remington 700 Rifle Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 700 VTR in .308 with the triangular barrel and wanted to know if i need a special stock for it, i've been looking at HS and B&C stocks but don't know if there are any fit problems with the barrel. any info would be a great help. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
I dont think the barrel will be an issue in your case. Just as long as the action bolts match with the action bolt holes for your stock you should be GTG.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sweeet, i feel so incomplete without everything moded to perfection....i refuse to even mount a bipod on the stock POS that it comes with haha.

·
Registered
20 Posts
It will work with any stock made for the 700 BDL short action with a varmint barrel channel. The VTR is basically a heavy barreled 700 with 3 flats machined into the barrel to make the triangular profile.

·
Registered
23 Posts

upload pic

Here is a pic of my VTR in a Bell and Carlson Tactical Medalist Style 2. Dropped right in. If you do go with this type of stock that has an aluminum bedding block, I would suggest skim bedding the stock just to remove the small amount of play around the recoil lug.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I was going to ask the same question as i have a remington 700 sps that i want to drop in to the vtr stock as its better then th original abs plastic stock

1 - 8 of 8 Posts