700Rifle.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
795 Posts
abadrs said:
Anyone try this ? I will be getting better optics eventually but for now its this.
I haven't tried that scope myself, but probably considering that magnification range it should provide decent clarity. The main thing will be if it's able to stand up to the recoil of the rifle you are using.

Will you be shooting it on a .308?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea it will be on a .308. I have it on a mosin now so I imagine the recoil has to be close to the same...maybe more for the mosin due to it weighing less than the SPS. I got the weaver for free in a warranty swap a few years ago. I had a simmons 6x24x50 that I got from Natchez for 69.00 it went bad and I sent it in for warranty and the factory called and said they don't make it anymore, but would I be interested in a Weaver Grand Slam ? I looked it up and it was over 300 ...So I took it.
I guess its been a while since I shot the Mosin ...the scope is a 6x24x42.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Hi abadrs,
You might like to look up my reply to remington70023, under scope selection, in TACTICAL SCOPES.
I have had trouble with my Weaver T-Series 36 x 40. It lost its zero and was replaced by the dealer. It took months for this to come about. A crook scope is a terrific waste of time and energy. Fortunately, I did not waste time blaming myself. Previous experience with a Leupold EFR 6.5 x 20 told me what was wrong. That Leupold had been back and forth to the States several times before I finally saw the light and flogged it at a big loss.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
quaid said:
Hi abadrs,
You might like to look up my reply to remington70023, under scope selection, in TACTICAL SCOPES.
I have had trouble with my Weaver T-Series 36 x 40. It lost its zero and was replaced by the dealer. It took months for this to come about. A crook scope is a terrific waste of time and energy. Fortunately, I did not waste time blaming myself. Previous experience with a Leupold EFR 6.5 x 20 told me what was wrong. That Leupold had been back and forth to the States several times before I finally saw the light and flogged it at a big loss.
700Ti
I do know about junk scopes...lol thats how I got this one...The Simmons I had on a . 223 AR and it was walking zero all over. So far this one hasn't given me any trouble but its only on a Mosin Nagant so its defenitly not the most accurate gun.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts