Remington 700 Rifle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, earlier WINXP and JFComfort and I were going back and forth on CS optics. We have all heard a lot of bad press on Counter Sniper Optics. I personally have had great success with CS for 10yrs running. So of course I'm running my suck to JFComfort about how people bad mouth stuff without trying it out, bla, bla, bla. You know "stupid stuff".

So I go to the range and all is going well. I'm putting down 3/4moa at 300yds and feeling pretty good about the pics I'm going to upload when I get back. You know, to prove my point. Then the bottom falls out of it. WTF?!

Now I have to eat my words. Sorry WIN and JF - you guys were right. BUT, before I bad mouth CS optics, I have to give them a chance to respond and do the right thing, you know, due diligence and all.

So look at these miserable pics and have a laugh on me.

I'll keep you guys posted on the CS progress to resolution.

Getting all setup

Everything's just fine

Holding 3/4moa at 300yds

AND THEN IT HAPPENED - THE BOTTOM FELL RIGHT OUT OF IT. EVERYTHING TURNED TO SH!T. I actually had to place this target sideways like this because I wasn't even hitting paper anymore.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Well damn.
But I have to say that if you got ten years out of not just one but TWO CS scopes you got way, way, way more results than I have ever heard of from anybody that's had one. You may be the luckiest guy on the planet.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
m24shooter said:
Well damn..........You may be the luckiest guy on the planet.

hahahahahahahaha! LMAO! Well, I'm probaly not - you could actually call me "schleprock". If it weren't for bad luck I wouldn't have any luck at all.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
UPDATE:

Good news, CS Optics said I'm covered for 10yrs (their standard warranty against defective optics) as long as I didn't intentionaly destroy the scope. As you guys can see in the photos the scope is in perfect condition. So I'm sending it in after the holiday weekend.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hahaha, yeah it sucks we know who he is. It's official - we're old.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
JFComfort said:
Its all good, I'm honestly surprised it has lasted you 10 years. I have to eat my words to a certain extent too. I really thought a .300 WM would bust it on the first few rounds.
hahahaha - I'm going to order a SN3 TPAL. I have more years of experience with that scope than any, so I know it to be solid.

A part of me thinks that even when CS fixes or replaces that 4-16X42 I should put it on my long range 5.56. I hate to be gun shy - I should put the replacement back on and go back out there. I've never shy'd away from anything before. But I don't want to keep playing this game of break - return - break.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Put it back on to be able to go shooting and order a NF, S&B or a USO and call it a day. Man that last target looks like it got hit by a shotgun hehehe.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Winxp_Man said:
Put it back on to be able to go shooting and order a NF, S&B or a USO and call it a day. Man that last target looks like it got hit by a shotgun hehehe.
hahahahahahahahahaha LMAO!! That's what I said - it looks like someone went after it with 00-buck!

It was frustrating, I'd adjust it for 1 minute and it would move 2 feet. There was just no dialing it in after it snapped.

And yeah for sure, I'm looking at S&B and USO - I want a FFP. I like NF and have used them alot, but I have much more experience w/USO. And I haven't kept up with the updates to the NF line of tac scopes.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Just get a USO and call it a day :D In the near future I want to start a .338 build and its gonna be a USO on top of that :D cant wait!

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Nice! Like a .338LM? Cause you know I'm a fan! Here's mine -

Barrett M98B .338LM

·
Registered
600 Posts
B0BK4T said:
JFComfort said:
Its all good, I'm honestly surprised it has lasted you 10 years. I have to eat my words to a certain extent too. I really thought a .300 WM would bust it on the first few rounds.
hahahaha - I'm going to order a SN3 TPAL. I have more years of experience with that scope than any, so I know it to be solid.

A part of me thinks that even when CS fixes or replaces that 4-16X42 I should put it on my long range 5.56. I hate to be gun shy - I should put the replacement back on and go back out there. I've never shy'd away from anything before. But I don't want to keep playing this game of break - return - break.
Give Jason Kyle a Call over there at USO. He was extremely helpful when I was getting mine together!

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
I gotta say, i admire your honesty. Most men would NEVER post that up showing exactly how wrong they were. You Sir, get a +1 in my book. (and a -10 for that last string of shooting HAHAHA) :)

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
jasonbourne said:
.......................You Sir, get a +1 in my book. (and a -10 for that last string of shooting HAHAHA) :)

hahahahahaahahahahahaaha - yeah, no kidding. Talk about stingking up the place! hahahaha Sucks that it was the 300m. I must have walked out to that thing a million times! I guess it's a good thing it wasn't the 1000m.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Winxp_Man said:
Just get a USO and call it a day :D In the near future I want to start a .338 build and its gonna be a USO on top of that :D cant wait!
Well I did it. I pulled the trigger on a new USO, the 5-25X58 T-Pal. I can't wait!

Big thanks to JFC's boy Jason Kyle! He's the man over at USO.

·
Registered
59 Posts
B0BK4T said:
Winxp_Man said:
Well I did it. I pulled the trigger on a new USO, the 5-25X58 T-Pal. I can't wait!

Congratulations! That looks like an amazing scope!

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks, I'll post pics when it comes in.

·
Registered
123 Posts
B0BK4T said:
Winxp_Man said:

Damn, every time someone says they are getting a new USO I just wanna poke their eyes out. (just kidding...)

;-)

The Wife and I went to the gun club over the 4th weekend and took along my AR and 700. She was hitting paper plates with irons at 100 yds. like it was nuthin' so being able to spend a few bucks on more 5.56 ammo will be a breeze. Now all I have to do is teach her to clean the damned thing.

When I broke out the 700 She wasn't much interested. "Aw, c'mon baby...it's not that bad". Still no-go. I'll get her behind the 700 eventually and when She starts complaining that the 3x9 Leupy isn't powerful enough for Her to see..... BAM! I start selling her on the idea of a new scope. Maybe not a USO but something a step or two up from my 3x9-40 Leupy.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
gdvan01 said:
.....................Now all I have to do is teach her to clean the damned thing...............

Hahahaha, I got my wife her own range bag. I let her fill it with anything she wanted (even if I disagreed), I bought her expensive hearing protection and pink tinted eye pro also. She actually likes cleaning weapons now! She doesn't like it alot, but she doesn't mind it. As long as I don't look over her shoulder and tell her how to do it hahahahahaha :lol: :lol:

And on the rifle thing if she wants to shoot 5.56 then you get more time on the 700 - it's win/win.

Way to sieze the moment and go for the sale on the scope! ;) +1

1 - 20 of 22 Posts