Remington 700 Rifle Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
List the items you would buy. I look around at the range and I see all kind of gear (accessories) but I look on this forum and I don't see much in the way of accessories.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
My favorite piece of gear is the bag all my stuff is crammed into. This isn't some fancy bag with a cool gun logo on it, but it was designed to carry heavy tools. It has plenty of pockets and is sturdy enough for me to carry all my gun tools, cleaners, solvents, lubes and even ammo. I wish the weapons industry would take a good look into this style of "range bag" instead of the cheap flimsy powderpuff range bags that are on the market today.

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
I think it depends on what type of accesories your thinking and what they would do or go on.

In my short life on this earth, I've learned the best gun/rifle accessory is a new gun/rifle to "accesorize" your safe :)

In all seriousness, I rather spend a large sum on something I need rather than spend it in a million things that I probably will never use.

Don't know if it makes sense but just my thoughts.

·
Registered
526 Posts
I was on a military rifle team in 1958. We had a carbide lamp to blacken our sights, a shooting mat, left hand glove, shooting jacket and a spotting scope. Ammo was issued when we got to the range. Now days the bed of my pickup is full when I go to the range.

I have two fishing tackle boxes with cleaning gear in one and tools and parts in the other. A cleaning rod case made from PVC pipe, portable computer (log book & ballistic program) wind gage, electronic ear protection, Front and rear rests, various ammo containers, hard and soft gun cases (depending on where I'm going), spotting scope, chronograph and I'm sure there is something I missed.

My little Ranger won't hold all the stuff I "NEED" for a prairie dog shoot.

·
Registered
123 Posts
If I could get a US Optic for $300....that's what I'd drop 3 benjies on.

;-)

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
jasonbourne said:
...............I've learned the best gun/rifle accessory is a new gun/rifle to "accesorize" your safe :)

hahahaha, right on!

I was just thinking about what accessories, if any, people are using. That's it, just curious. I use: spotting scope, rifle, ammo, eye/ear protection, cleaning supplies and some tools.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts