Remington 700 Rifle Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guy's took my new XCR Compact Tac to the range to run the barrel in started out at the 100yrd shooting Hornady 168gr BTHP Moly and the first 5 shot I was more that happy with the first shot went high compared the the other 4 shots kept grouping wround the same for the next 40 or so rounds.

I decided to move onto the 200yrd target which was a little different in the groupings I was happy with the first 3 shot group then decided to do 2 shot groups as I was getting low on ammo can someone tell me why shots start to open up a little after a series of good groups is it just the fact that the rifle is new and will it improve when more rounds are run through the barell?

Thanks Nathan

·
Registered
639 Posts
Nice work mate. Pics and specs of your rifle??

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Remington XCR Compact Tactical .308 Burris XTR 3-12x50 IR mildot XTR rings and Warne Tactical Steel 0 moa picatinny base

·
Registered
639 Posts
Awesome rifle. Ive seen that one before I think. SC??

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Have you tried the federal Match King 175's, and the 168 ??? They produce some good groups for a lot of people out there.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not yet I haven't been able to find anyone who has them in stock in Australia and the place that do charge a heap around $50 for 20!!!:eek:

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Here I just paid 40.04 USD ! for 20 so I would of thought that it would of be higher price in Australia then just 50. Reloading is a shooters best friend :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts